Ben Gay, Icy Hot and other muscle creams can help sooth aching backs or other painful muscles—but you need to avoid these during pregnancy, especially during the third trimester. That’s because the active ingredient in these is methyl salicylate, which is an NSAID.
Can you use Icy Hot or Bengay while pregnant?
Still, Icy Hot isn’t considered a restricted substance, and it’s generally regarded as safe to use throughout your pregnancy. The conflict around Icy Hot is that its ingredients can be absorbed into your bloodstream and pass into the fetus.
Can I use menthol rub while pregnant?
Menthol topical Pregnancy Warnings
The manufacturer makes no recommendation regarding use during pregnancy. Animal studies are not available.
What can I use for muscle pain during pregnancy?
If you are experiencing a muscle cramp, here are the steps you can take to alleviate the pain or discomfort:
- Massage the muscle and nearby muscle groups to provide relief.
- Stretch the muscle.
- Apply heat with a heating pad.
- Take a warm Epsom salt bath.
- Apply cold with an ice pack to reduce the pain.
What topical creams are safe during pregnancy?
Safe OTC Rash Treatments to Use During Pregnancy
- Benadryl cream (Do not take oral Benadryl at the same time)
- Caladryl lotion or cream.
- Hydrocortisone cream or ointment.
- Oatmeal bath (Aveeno)
Which painkiller is best in pregnancy?
- Acetaminophen. Acetaminophen, a nonsalicylate similar to aspirin in analgesic potency, has demonstrated efficacy and apparent safety at all stages of pregnancy in standard therapeutic doses. …
- Aspirin. …
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. …
What can I use for back pain while pregnant?
- Practice good posture. As your baby grows, your center of gravity shifts forward. …
- Get the right gear. Wear low-heeled — not flat — shoes with good arch support. …
- Lift properly. …
- Sleep on your side. …
- Try heat, cold or massage. …
- Include physical activity in your daily routine. …
- Consider complementary therapies.
Can I rub Vicks on my stomach while pregnant?
Is it safe to use vapor rub while I’m pregnant? Yes, vapor rub is safe to use during pregnancy.
What can I use for neck pain while pregnant?
4 Ways to Ease Neck Pain and Discomfort During Pregnancy
- Do Prenatal Yoga. As a women’s body changes due to the new life growing inside of her, her body is readjusting itself to accommodate extra weight. …
- Take Magnesium. …
- Use a Back and Neck Support Pillow. …
- Get Adjusted By A Chiropractor.
Can you use muscle pain relief cream when pregnant?
Pain relief alternatives
Many muscle creams and patches contain methyl salicylate, an NSAID related to Aspirin that should be avoided during pregnancy unless your OB explicitly says you should take it. Tylenol is often recommended by doctors for pregnancy-related aches and pains, though it’s not without risk.
What are some bad signs during pregnancy?
Pregnancy Warning Signs
- Persistent abdominal pain. …
- Severe headache. …
- Changes in eyesight. …
- Fainting or dizziness. …
- Unusual weight gain, and swelling or puffiness. …
- Urge to pee or burning sensation while you urinate. …
- Persistent or severe vomiting. …
- Severe pain above the stomach, under the rib cage.
What causes muscle pull in pregnant woman?
It may have to do with changes in blood circulation and stress on your leg muscles from carrying extra weight. Your growing baby also puts pressure on the nerves and blood vessels that go to your legs.
Can I use Vitamin C serum while pregnant?
Is Vitamin C Serum Safe During Pregnancy? Vitamin C-based products (unlike vitamin A-derived retinol) are also safe to use during pregnancy. “If you have dark spots, instead of using hydroquinone, high strengths of vitamin C are very effective,” Talakoub says.
What skincare is safe during pregnancy?
Pregnancy-safe skin care brands
- Belli Skincare.
- Earth Mama® Organics.
- Erbavia Organic Skincare.
- The Spoiled Mama.
Can I use topical cortisone while pregnant?
Overall topical corticosteroids appear to be safe during pregnancy. High-potency topical corticosteroids should be avoided if possible and when they must be used they should be used only for the shortest period possible.